Friday, June 20, 2008

934 Webster | 2 bed, 2 bath

Address
934 Webster (at Chestnut St.)

Rent
$1500. 1 month's rent for deposit.

Washer/Dryer
yes (but it's shared with the other 3 units)

Central Air
yes

***
House
The exterior of the house leaves much to be desired. It looks kind of ratty and unkempt. Remarkably though, the interior is quite nice (and spacious. In terms of overall space, this would be more than adequate for our needs. One nice caveat is that there's a gate at the pathway leading to our door than can be locked (and then unlocked for guests with a buzzer). It won't be ready for occupancy until July 15, so that gives us a few options. He also told me that he was renovating the upstairs unit (he seemed really into it) and said that one would be available by the first of August.





Living Room
There are 2 of them. One is in the same space as the kitchen (could be used as dining) and the other is a separate room. My thought on the space would be to give you the front room and bathroom and then let you use the second living room as a studio type space. I would then take the back room and bathroom. Just a thought. Oh, and both have a closet.

Connected to Kitchen

Leads to Front Bedroom

Kitchen
Not terribly large, but certainly nice (and adequate). There's a bar that separates it from one of the living rooms.



View from the other side of the bar

Laundry
On the property, but not in the unit.

Bathroom
2 of them. One in the front, one in the back. All of our guests will have to walk through out rooms to get to either, but that doesn't really bother me. (I only took photos of the front bedroom and bathroom as the back ones were full of boxes... they're virtually the same.)



Bedrooms
Both are fairly large with closets and connecting restrooms. Nothing else to report.



Parking
Street.

Misc.
All that crap in there is from the couple who are moving out. Again, the space is more than sufficient. It's about a 10 minute walk to my work (which is fine), so that fits my needs. I wasn't wowed by it, but I did like it, especially considering it's exterior. Guess it's kind of like my place now: nice neighborhood, crap exterior, nice inside.

***

Verdict
I'm game. It's in a good area and fits our needs. It's a bit pricier than we want, but I was thinking that if you took one of the living rooms, we could do an 800/700 split. Plus, you might be able to write that expense off (but you should ask an accountant and not me that question). I'm also not opposed to finishing my lease and trying to get my hands on the unit he's renovating. Actually, I like that solution a lot. If we went that course, I imagine that the space would be laid out the same, but the interior would be nicer. We'll talk. Oh, and the landlord is awesome. Nice older gentlemen who doesn't believe in applications. He said he's never had a bad tenet and he just goes on his impressions of people. Apparently he liked me. He said just call if we want it (although I think other people were looking at it too).

***

Contact
504.508.6800 (Michael)

Google Map

View Larger Map

No comments: